Statement of Effectiveness
Governors evaluated their effectiveness and the Governors’ Annual Statement is below, detailing how the three roles of governance were fulfilled and the impact of the board over the year.
In 2022/23 the governing body:
· Kept a current register of interests
· Had and abided by an agreed code of conduct
· Supported leaders in making informed decisions about curriculum development, in line with the school vision and ethos
· Ensured the quality of T&L in school via the T&L committee
· Continued the work of the resources committee to scrutinise financial data, and input and challenge spending decisions
· Abided by delegated authority for financial transactions agreed at the start of the academic year
· Met statutory requirements as detailed in the Terms of Reference and ensured statutory information was available on the school website
· Scrutinised, tailored and approved policies as appropriate
· Governors undertook regular monitoring visits for triangulation of evidence
· Governors prepared well for meetings, had good and effective attendance and asked challenging questions of school leaders. This challenge has resulted in a range of improvements, so the school welcomes governors' scrutiny.
· Governors gave willingly of their time and expertise, for which school is thankful.