- Schemes of work
- DT making planes
- Grandad's Island
- Home Learning Week 1 and 2
- Home Learning Week 3 and 4
- Weeks 5 and 6 home learning
- Home Learning- weeks 7
- Home Learning Weeks 8 and 9
We had a fantastic first week in year 1 and have been super busy. Our Independent learning time is time for us to be able to follow our own interests, lead our own learning and get into the rough red and persevere and solve the problem to achieve something fantastic! have a look at what we got up to.
- valuing and respecting the individuality of each child and adult as a member of our community
- striving to achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum
- developing the capacity for creativity and enterprise
- encouraging independence in learning and involvement in self-initiated projects
- actively promoting positive self esteem, self respect and respect for others and the environment
- developing spiritual, moral, religious and cultural understanding and tolerance
We have a very clear vision and in Year 1 we work to promote each child’s individuality. We place an enormous emphasis on enjoyment and relevance using the real world and exciting contexts where we can. Children are encouraged to become life long learners and we work with the children to develop happiness, self esteem, confidence, collaboration, perseverance, risk taking, self management, organisation, resilience, independence and creativity.
It is a happy and busy place which is a hot bed for discussion and group and individual learning. We are immensely proud of how our children not only progress but how they are aware of their own progression and how to get even better. They are at the centre of a very collaborative approach to learning. This collaboration involves all parties –the child, parents and school based educators.